Health insurance in China for foreigners made easy. Fill out the form and get your personalized medical insurance comparison now!
Health Insurance in China
Health Insurance in China
Everything You Need to Know
You can save an average of 30% on China medical
insurance costs by using our comparisons.
- Our China health insurance comparisons make choosing the right plan easy
- Find out the price and different payment options
- What is and isn’t covered is presented very clearly, you won’t get any surprises!
- Also, check our Guide to The Most Popular Expat Health Insurance Plans in China
And for those of you who think they might not need medical insurance in China, this is a must read!
What our clients say…
Excellent customer service! Provided all the info I needed – actually changed my plan because of this
Top quality global plan at a reasonable price considering it includes US cover
Very knowledgeable staff. Reassuring, totally understood our requirements
Kamil helped me a lot with my China health insurance and managed to find a great pediatrician for my daughter.
I would like to thank Josh for all the work he did for us and for keeping our premium down.
Thanks for helping me get a discount, you are professional, responsive and helpful.
Why Do You Need China Health Insurance
Private health insurance in China covers the cost of medical treatment. You need China health insurance coverage because average healthcare costs aren’t as low as you would think, particularly if you want an English speaking doctor and a western style clean hospital environment.
The most common reasons people feel they don’t need medical insurance in China are:
1. Healthcare is cheap in China
2. If I get sick I’ll just go to my home country
3. I’m covered under the China National Health Insurance plan (China Social Insurance)
4. I’m young and probably won’t get sick
If you agree with any of those statements then you must read this article to find out if you need China health insurance or not.
Cost of Healthcare in China
|High Cost Providers||Private Hospitals||Puplic Hospital VIP Wards||Puplic Hospitals|
|Family doctor visit for minor ailment||¥2,000 – ¥4,000||¥1,000 –
|One night’s stay in hospital||¥6,000 –
|Surgical costs||¥100,000 –
For foreigners in China getting the right health insurance plan ensures you don’t get left with large treatment bills which can hurt your family’s financial position. A good China health insurance plan also ensures you get access to great healthcare without worrying about the costs.
Read more about the average cost of healthcare in China
Healthcare in China
When visiting a doctor in China there are 4 main types of healthcare provider you can choose from. Each type of hospital and clinic provide different prices, service and hygiene standards. Some China health insurance plans restrict cover or provide no cover at high-cost healthcare providers. Check out our major city guides to find out about China health insurance and healthcare providers in those cities.
Our China Health Insurance Services
Individuals and Families
Compare the best expat family and individual private health insurance plans in China. Unexpected accidents or illnesses can occur at any time. You need to ensure that your family are protected. We offer both international and local health insurance plans to ensure your family is prepared for anything, so you can protect what matters most.
Groups & Companies
We offer many China health insurance plans for small to medium-sized companies that offer cheap, low-risk packages for all types of business owners. Our customized packages ensure you will find exactly what you need for your growing business while keeping your non-essential premiums at a low cost to you.
As the number of pre-existing conditions that have arisen in patients continues to go up, the knowledge regarding whether they will affect your health insurance has gone down. Pre-existing conditions can be a confusing subject characterized by a lack of specificity and knowledge based on your individual needs. Our clear, easily defined pre-existing condition coverage will thoroughly explain what are pre-existing conditions and options we can provide for you.
For those looking to start a family, it is never too early to start planning ahead. We offer the best maternity insurance packages from a range of prices that best fit your lifestyle. Our China maternity health insurance comparisons help answer your questions surrounding cost, healthcare, and the best plans for you, so you can focus on starting your family carefree.
Why Do You Need a Health Insurance Broker?
Insurance brokers work on behalf of their customers to source products and provide information and objective advice in order to help you find the right health insurance plan in China for your unique situation. You are not an expert on China health insurance plans and health insurance companies, so you can use the advice and information of an insurance broker to your advantage. Insurance brokers act as an intermediary between customers and insurance companies. Unlike insurance agents who work on behalf of insurance companies to sell an insurance company’s products.
Knowing which international health insurance companies, which private health insurance plans work well in China and provide good protection and after-sales servicing is difficult. That’s why our clients choose to rely on our experience, knowledge and impartial information to help them choose which plan is best for their unique situation in China.
- Free Services: We do not charge you anything for our services. So how do we earn revenue? Insurance companies pay us a commission or referral fee for introducing customers to them. The amount we are paid depends on the type of product sold and the number of clients introduced to the insurance company. Does this mean you pay more for your insurance? No, the direct price for the health insurance plans is the same no matter if you use a broker or purchase directly from the insurer.
- China health insurance experts: To be an insurance broker you need an insurance broker license. All our staff are highly trained and experienced. We are expats ourselves who have lived in China, started families in China and worked in and used health insurance for many years. There’s nobody better to help you.
- We don’t work for insurance companies: The best insurance brokers work with all reputable licensed insurance companies. Because of this, we never promote a particular health insurance plan which may not be suitable for you. Rather, we work with you to help you find the best plan for your situation, this is our main goal because we know that a happy client on the right plan will use our services for years to come.
- After-sales service: After using our advice to purchase a plan if you have any questions regarding your insurance policy, how to access healthcare in China or need any assistance with the insurance company we can help.
- Confidentiality: We operate a strict confidentiality policy. So we will not provide any information to an insurance company without your permission to do so.
Get a Quote
With our easy-to-use medical insurance comparison, you will never pay more than you need to.