You need to contact your insurer before you receive any of these treatments unless it’s an emergency. If it’s an emergency you, a friend or a family member must notify the insurer within 48 hours.
1. Hospitalization- Pre-Authorization is required for all locations. (Incl. Hospital stay for Maternity / Delivery)
2. Pre-Authorization through GBG Assist is required if you have a medication that will be in excess of $3,000 / CNY 18,000 per refill
3. Skilled or Private Duty Nursing - (When 4 or more visits are required)
4. Organ, Bone Marrow, Stem Cell Transplants, and other similar procedures
5. Outpatient Surgeries requiring general anesthesia
7. Air Ambulance - Air Ambulance service will be coordinated by Insurer’s air ambulance provider; The Insurer will not take responsibility for reimbursement for members that fail to obtain pre-authorization prior to treatment
8. Any condition, including cancer treatment or any chronic condition, which does not meet the above criteria, but are expected to accumulate over ¥60,000 of medical treatment per policy year
9. Other conditions and treatment required pre-authorization in the proposal or policy
Some insurance plans do not have full cover in the below medical facilities. To check whether your plan provides cover in these facilities refer to your insurance card or insurance certificate.
1. United Family Hospitals and Clinics
2. Parkway Health Clinics
3. Institute for Western Surgery
4. International SOS Clinics
5. Klinoerth Therapy Clinic
6. Shanghai East International Medical Center
7. SinoUnited Health
8. Guangzhou Can Am International Medical Center
9. Beijing New Century Women’s and Children’s Hospitals
10. Shanghai Redleaf Women’s Hospital
11. International Division of Huashan Hospital Pudong, Fudan University ( Shanghai International Hospital )
12. Asia Medical Specialists / Sports physicians ( Sports performance ) Ltd. ( Hong Kong )
13. Hong Kong Adventist Hospital ( Hong Kong )
14. Hong Kong Sanatorium & Hospital ( Hong Kong )
15. Matilda International Hospital ( Hong Kong )
16. Mount Elizabeth Hospital (Singapore)
17. Gleneagles Hospital ( Singapore)
18. **Beijing New Century Harmony Pediatric Clinic/ Beijing New Century Women’s and Children’s Hospitals/New Century International Children’s Hospital/New Century Women’s and Children’s Hospital/Suzhou New Century Children’s Hospital
Once you receive treatment ensure the medical provider gives you a chopped medical fapiao, medical report including diagnosis and list of medications prescribed
If available you can submit your claim via the insurance company’s website or app
Download a claims application form form the ‘Download Useful Documents’ section of this page and complete the form as best you can.
Scan and send all documentation including the claim application form to [email protected]
The insurer will then confirm that all documentation is in order and will ask you to submit the original claim documents to the insurance company. If it is a non-China claim scanned copies may suffice.
The insurer will email you the claim application result and will reimburse eligible claim amounts to you bank account.