Health insurance in China made easy. Fill out the form and get your personalized medical insurance comparison now!
Help Protect Your Family with China Expat Health Insurance!
The Negative Health Effects Of Air Pollution
According to the World Health Organization:
- 34% of all stroke deaths are caused by air pollution
- Air pollution causes 2 million deaths due to heart disease every year
- 1.7 million deaths due to lung disease and cancer every year
But what you may not know is that air pollution also causes long-term damage to the brain, nerves, liver and kidneys.
Air pollution in most places is unavoidable, but what can you do about it?
Here’s 5 life hacks to help protect you & your family
- Keep your distance from the road when walking. Even walking just 2 meters away is proven to reduce exposure to traffic pollution.
- Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables. Antioxidants in fruit and vegetables fight against the harmful effects of air pollution.
- Wait away from traffic lights when crossing the road. Pollution at intersections can be 29 times higher than on the open road.
- Get an air filter at home. A Xiaomi air filter only costs less than CNY 600 and in some consumer tests are shown to be just as effective as more expensive brands.
- Rubber seals from Taobao added to your windows make a big difference to indoor air pollution levels.